Diploma in Leadership & Management for Adult Care
LEVEL 5 - FULLY SUPPORTED & TAUGHT
Level 5 Diploma
Who is this diploma for?
The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care (England) is for individuals in the role of leader/manager in an adult care setting.
As an individual, a leader in adult care plays a hugely valuable role. They inspire, guide and lead their teams to make a difference to people’s welfare and lives, often when they are faced with challenging personal circumstances.
To be suitable for this diploma, you will be a leader of the care team and will develop and implement a values-based culture at a service or unit level. You may also be responsible for business development, financial control, organisational resilience and continuity, as well as for managing risk and leading on organisational change.
They may work in residential or nursing homes, domiciliary care, day centres, a person’s own home or clinical healthcare settings. They may be a registered manager of a service, unit, deputy or assistant manager. They will be responsible for ensuring compliance of the care given and the values and training of staff with established standards and regulations. Advanced practitioners may have developed a high level of specialism in particular areas such as dementia, end of life, learning disabilities or mental health care.
The role of leader in adult care also covers personal assistants in a management role over teams of other PAs, but they may only work directly for one individual who needs support and/or care services. Managers have a responsibility to ensure the service is safe, effective, caring, responsive to people’s needs and well-led.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop the fundamental technical skills and underpinning knowledge and understanding required to become competent in the job role. These cover the following areas: tasks and responsibilities; dignity and human rights; communication; safeguarding; health and wellbeing; professional development; and leadership.
- develop appropriate professional attitudes and behaviours that will support personal success in their job role and the long-term success of their organisation
- develop a range of interpersonal and intrapersonal skills to support progression to, and success in, further study and career advancement
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 5 qualification
- confirm competence in the role of Registered Manager in residential and domiciliary care services.
Gaining the Diploma in Leadership can also help you work in roles such as:
- Adult nurse
- Care home manager
- Care worker
- Children’s nurse
- Health promotion / education specialist
- Health service manager
- Learning disability nurse
- Mental health nurse
- Residential warden
- Social worker
- Supervisor / team leader
- Volunteer manager
- Youth and community worker.
What is covered?
This qualification guides and assesses development of knowledge, understanding and skills in leadership and management practice within health and social care and children and young people’s services and serves as the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements for the sector in England.
- Leadership and Management in Adult Care
- Governance and Regulatory Processes in Adult Care
- Lead Communication in Adult Care
- Manage a Partnership Approach in Adult Care
- Deliver Person-centred Adult Care
- Professional Development, Supervision and Performance Management in Adult Care
- Manage Resources in Adult Care
- Manage Safeguarding, Protection and Risk in Adult Care
- Manage Self in Adult Care
- Lead Decision making in Adult Care
- Entrepreneurial Skills and Innovation in Adult Care
You must be in employment in the social care setting. This can be full, part-time or in a voluntary capacity.
How will I be supported?
Once you’ve chosen your diploma, you will be allocated your skills coach who you will work with to agree choose your credits and agree your delivery plan. The assessment method for your diploma will also be discussed, so you know what to expect and what to aim for.
You will be given access to an e-Learning platform and a host of online learning resources to support your diploma. You’ll also be able to access features such as free additional sessions, workshops and CPD sessions.
Includes LIVE TEACHING SESSIONS
What makes us unique is that we offer all our diploma learners the chance to access live teaching sessions as well as online guided learning. This provides a great opportunity to learn with your peers, in real time and to work with your skills coach. Many other providers only offer the scope for learning independently, so this is a great way to embed your specialist knowledge and skills.