Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner
Level 2 | Diploma in Early Years Practitioner
Empowering Tomorrow’s Minds: Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner
Welcome to our Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner program, where we lay the foundation for nurturing the next generation of young minds. Unlock your potential with expert guidance and hands-on experience, as we equip you with the essential skills and knowledge to excel in the dynamic field of early childhood education. Join us on this transformative journey, where you’ll gain the confidence to create a positive impact on the lives of children, ensuring they embark on a promising path of growth and learning. Begin your rewarding career as an Early Years Practitioner today!
Why Choose Our Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner?
Hands-on Learning: Our diploma emphasises practical experience, allowing you to apply your skills in real-world early years settings, setting you apart as a competent and confident practitioner.
Industry-Recognised Accreditation: Our diploma is accredited by leading authorities in the education sector, giving you a competitive edge and increasing your employability.
Expert Faculty: Learn from experienced professionals who are passionate about early childhood education, providing you with valuable insights and support throughout your journey.
Holistic Curriculum: Our comprehensive curriculum covers a wide range of subjects, from child development and behaviour management to safeguarding and inclusive practices, ensuring you are well-prepared for diverse challenges in the field.
Flexible Learning: We offer various study options, including part-time and online courses, allowing you to balance your learning with other commitments.
Career Support: Benefit from our dedicated career services, which include job placement assistance and networking opportunities, helping you kickstart your career as an Early Years Practitioner.
Embark on a Fulfilling Career Journey:
Embark on a fulfilling career journey with our Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner, where practical work placement takes center stage. We understand the importance of hands-on experience in shaping confident and capable professionals, which is why our program offers well-established work placement opportunities. Immerse yourself in real childcare settings under the guidance of experienced practitioners, gaining invaluable insights and honing your skills as you interact with young minds. This immersive learning experience not only enriches your knowledge but also ensures you graduate job-ready, armed with the confidence and competence to make a meaningful impact in the early childhood education industry. Take the first step towards a rewarding career by joining our diploma program today.
- Understanding how to support children’s development
- Supporting care routines for babies and young children
- Promoting play in an Early Years Setting
- Company policy and procedures
- Supporting the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Partnership working
Safety, hygiene, and cleanliness
- Self-reflection and continuous professional development
- Safeguarding and child protection
Knowledge of disabilities and additional needs
- Live teaching sessions and workshops
- Online learning portal and all resources
- Fast-track assessments and workbook marking
- Career workshops (if desired) to support you in progressing to the next stage of your career
- Regular cohort starts
- Complete at your pace
- Delivered by experienced assessors and teachers
Thank you so much for helping me get through it, I honestly wouldn’t have been able to do it without your help and guidance! So, thank you so much for being there so quickly when I needed help!
Dental Nurse Apprentice
- Exploring roles and development opportunities in early years settings. This unit covers the roles and responsibilities of early years practitioners, the importance of professional development, and the principles and values that underpin early years practice.
- Child development from birth to 7 years. This unit covers the stages and patterns of child development, the factors that influence child development, and how to observe and assess children’s development.
- Safeguarding babies and young children in early years settings. This unit covers the legal and regulatory frameworks for safeguarding, the signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect, how to respond to concerns about children’s welfare, and how to promote a safe and inclusive environment.
- Supporting health and safety in early years settings. This unit covers the health and safety legislation and policies that apply to early years settings, how to identify and manage risks and hazards, how to deal with accidents and emergencies, and how to promote healthy lifestyles for children.
- Promoting play in an early years setting. This unit covers the importance of play for children’s learning and development, the types and stages of play, how to plan and provide play opportunities, and how to support children’s play.
- Supporting care routines for babies and young children. This unit covers the care routines that meet the physical, emotional, and nutritional needs of babies and young children, how to support children’s transitions between routines, and how to work in partnership with parents and carers.
- Supporting the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes. This unit covers the principles of planning activities for children, how to use observation and assessment to inform planning, how to deliver activities that meet children’s needs and interests, and how to evaluate activities.
- Supporting well-being of babies and young children for healthy lifestyles. This unit covers the factors that affect the well-being of babies and young children, how to support children’s physical activity, sleep, hygiene, oral health, nutrition, immunisation, and emotional well-being.
- Supporting babies’ or young children’s positive behaviour. This unit covers the factors that influence children’s behaviour, how to promote positive behaviour, how to manage challenging behaviour, and how to support children’s self-regulation.
- Working in partnership with colleagues, parents or carers in an early years setting. This unit covers the importance of working in partnership with others in an early years setting, how to communicate effectively with colleagues, parents or carers, how to share information appropriately, and how to deal with conflicts or complaints.
- Equality diversity inclusion in an early years setting. This unit covers the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion in an early years setting, how to promote inclusive practice, how to challenge discrimination or stereotyping, and how to support children with additional needs or disabilities.
- Introduction into supporting bilingual learners in an early years setting. This unit covers the benefits of bilingualism for children’s learning and development, the challenges faced by bilingual learners in an early years setting, how to support bilingual learners’ language development, and how to use resources that reflect linguistic diversity.
- Introduction into supporting children with special educational needs (SEN) in an early years setting. This unit covers the definition of special educational needs (SEN), the types of SEN that may affect children in an early years setting, how to identify children’s individual needs, how to support children’s learning and development according to their SEN profile, and how to work with other professionals involved in SEN provision.
- Professional Development Portfolio (PDP). This unit covers the purpose of a professional development portfolio (PDP), how to create a PDP that reflects your personal goals, strengths, areas for improvement, achievements, learning experiences, feedbacks, and action plans.
About this qualification
LEVEL 4 Certificate in Dental Practice Management
Level 2 | Diploma in Early Years Practitioner
Embark on a fulfilling career journey with our Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner. Gain practical work placement experience in childcare settings under expert guidance, ensuring you graduate job-ready and ready to make a meaningful impact in the industry. Take the first step towards a rewarding future in early childhood education today.
Key Areas of Learning:
Child Development: Explore the stages of child development and the factors that influence growth and learning during the early years.
Behaviour Management: Develop effective strategies to support positive behaviour and create a nurturing environment for children.
Safeguarding and Child Protection: Gain essential knowledge about safeguarding procedures and promoting the welfare of young children.
Inclusive Practices: Learn to create inclusive learning environments that cater to the diverse needs of all children.
Health and Well-being: Understand the importance of promoting a healthy lifestyle and supporting the well-being of children.
Play and Learning: Discover the significance of play in a child’s development and how to integrate it into educational practices.
Communication and Partnership: Develop effective communication skills to engage with children, parents, and colleagues effectively.
How Long Does It Take to Complete?
12 Months. The Diploma Can Be Completed Within a Reasonable Period, providing a Focused and Efficient Way to Enhance Your Caregiving Expertise and Leadership Skills.
What are the Benefits of This Qualification?
Enhanced Career Prospects: Gain a recognised qualification that opens doors to diverse opportunities in the early childhood education sector.
Industry Recognition: The diploma is accredited by leading authorities, making you more desirable to employers.
Expert Knowledge: Learn from experienced professionals passionate about early childhood education.
Holistic Learning: Cover a comprehensive curriculum, including child development, behaviour management, and more.
Versatile Study Options: Choose from part-time and online courses to suit your schedule and lifestyle.
Job Readiness: Benefit from career support services.
Making a Difference: Make a meaningful impact on the lives of young children, shaping their future positively.
Inclusivity and Diversity: Gain skills to create inclusive learning environments, catering to diverse needs.
Personal Growth: Join a nurturing community that fosters personal growth and camaraderie among students.
Professional Recognition: Become a recognised leader in the field of coaching and mentoring, gaining respect and admiration from peers and clients alike.
Unlock a world of opportunities and embark on a fulfilling career in early childhood education with our Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner. Gain practical experience, industry recognition, and expert knowledge to make a positive impact on young lives. Join now and become a competent and compassionate professional, shaping the future of children with confidence and dedication. Don’t miss this chance to kickstart a rewarding journey in early years education!
Why study with Exalt?
Focused: Precision in Every Endeavor
We are architects of precision. We sculpt programs with meticulous attention, tailoring each facet to meet precise aims and unique requirements. When we commit, we do so resolutely, sparing no effort to ensure your journey is not just remarkable, but remarkable for you.
Collaborative: A Symphony of Success
Alone, we can accomplish much. Together, we can redefine the boundaries of achievement. Collaboration is not just a buzzword; it’s the harmony that resonates within us. We stand shoulder to shoulder with stakeholders, nurturing mutual aspirations and embracing the extra mile as a testament to our unwavering unity.
Adaptable: Crafting Futures, One Need at a Time
In a world of constant change, we are the chameleons of education. Adapting is not just a choice; it’s in our DNA. From programs to platforms, timetables to personal aspirations, we bend and mold ourselves to accommodate the symphony of your needs, ensuring your growth knows no bounds.
Are You Interested in the Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner?
Please call us on 01202 612365 or use the form below to discuss your options.