Learning & Development Consultant Business Partner Level 5 Apprenticeship
Are you a business owner looking to develop your next generation of learning and development leaders? Or are you a learning and development professional looking to upskill your skills? If so, then Exalt-Training’s Learning & Development Consultant Business Partner Level 5 Apprenticeship is the perfect solution for you.
This apprenticeship is designed to give you the skills and knowledge you need to consult and partner with businesses on their learning and development needs. You will learn everything from needs analysis and design to delivery and evaluation.
Our apprenticeships combine traditional learning with on-the-job training. This gives you the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals and develop your skills in a real-world setting.
In addition to the skills training, our apprenticeships also provide you with the soft skills you need to succeed in the workplace. These include communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
We also offer a variety of support services to help you throughout the apprenticeship. This includes one-on-one coaching, group mentoring, and access to our online learning platform.
If you are looking for a way to develop your next generation of learning and development leaders or upskill your current staff, then Exalt-Training’s Learning & Development Consultant Business Partner Level 5 Apprenticeship is the perfect solution for you.
- Business Understanding
- Technical Expertise
- L&D Consultancy
- Management Information and Technology
- Developing a learning culture
- Budget/Resource Management
- Relationship Management
- Facilitation Skills
- Access to free CPD programmes and additional coaching sessions
- Online delivery with live teaching and catch-ups if you can’t make a session
- Dedicated Skills Coach for the duration of your apprenticeship journey
- Experienced Tutors, Coaches & Support Team
- Easy onboarding and induction process
Thank you so much for helping me get through it, I honestly wouldn’t have been able to do it without your help and guidance! So, thank you so much for being there so quickly when I needed help!
Dental Nurse Apprentice
- Duration: 18 Months
- Eligibility requirements: To be eligible for the apprenticeship, the apprentice must be at least 16 years old and not in full-time education. They will also need to have basic literacy and numeracy skills and be able to pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Assessment: Throughout the apprenticeship, the apprentice will be assessed on their practical skills and knowledge. The final assessment will take the form of a synoptic assessment.
- Support available:
- Experienced Tutors, Coaches & Support Team,
- Dedicated Skills Coach for the duration of your apprenticeship journey,
- Access to free CPD programmes and additional coaching sessions
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship
Why Partner with Exalt?
We customise and sculpt programs to precisely align with specific objectives or requirements. We operate with efficiency and professionalism, avoiding unnecessary delays or distractions.
Units Covered in the Apprenticeship
A Learning and Development Consultant Business Partner must know and understand:
- Paradigms, theories and models that underpin effective adult learning, group behaviour and learning culture, for example behaviourism, cognitivism, constructivism, neuroscience.
- Legislation and policies that influence learning design and delivery
- The merits of different learning delivery channels to select an appropriate face-to-face, blended or digital solution.
- Current research and appropriate application of best practice and best fit solutions.
- The latest learning practice, trends and emerging thinking.
- Positively incorporating diversity and inclusion into learning and development interventions and processes. Researching and applying current best practice in this area.
- Change management methodologies and the principles of project management.
- Consultancy tools and techniques, for example the use of SWOT, 5 Whys, weighted matrix etc providing costed recommendations and projected impact, return on investment, return of expectation.
- Their organisation’s vision, mission, values, strategy, plans and stakeholders; its external market and sector and the opportunities, challenges and issues it faces.
- How business, learning and human resources key performance indicators and metrics build a clear picture of how the business is performing.
- The process of stakeholder mapping to define interactions with staff that are part of the learning needs analysis, design, delivery, and evaluation.
- How to measure the impact, return on investment and expectation of learning on the business.
- The learning and development structure required to meet business needs and whether this should be in-house, outsourced and how to source specialist expertise when required.
- The various learning and development roles, responsibilities and skills required to design and deliver face-to-face, blended or digital solutions.
- The policies and processes required for effective organisation learning.
- How to prepare, monitor and manage a budget.
- The collection of data and information, both qualitative and quantitative, to analyse learning needs, implement effective delivery and measure outcomes and impact.
- How to identify sources, trends and anomalies in data and information.
- How to shape internal information systems and how they play a role to support learning.
- How technology can support learning, including understanding of digital platforms and delivery channels as relevant to the role.
- Emerging technologies that can support effective learning.
A Learning and Development Consultant Business Partner must be able to
- Work as a learning and development business partner or consultant across the whole organisation or key functions and relevant stakeholders as appropriate, to build insight into existing levels of capability against future requirements, identifying organisational skills gaps and risks.
- Use a range of techniques to obtain an initial brief from internal stakeholders and investigate and analyse data to validate the need for a learning intervention.
- Present a range of relevant and innovative solutions, logically and with credibility, to gain buy-in from senior stakeholders.
- Develop an organisational development, learning and development and succession plan that addresses gaps and fulfils skills, resourcing, talent, and future leadership needs in the partner and business area, accounting for changing internal and external environment, business and learner needs.
- Initiate the design of interventions and monitor implementation.
- Foster and develop an embedded culture of learning and continuous improvement (e.g., through using communication campaigns).
- Manage learning and knowledge transfer.
- Facilitate collective and social learning using innovative technological solutions.
- Influence management at all levels to collaborate and take responsibility for learning initiatives.
- Set up and manage action learning sets, coaching and mentoring programmes.
- Ensure quality of learning and training delivery through providing feedback to colleagues to ensure continuous improvement of self and others.
- Construct and manage a learning and development budget, project, intervention, including managing resources to effectively deliver.
- Identify and analyse potential cost savings to ensure maximum value.
- Effectively engage, negotiate, and manage third party suppliers.
- Support peer review and quality assurance procedures
- Report concerns about quality and safeguarding through appropriate channels
- Maintain the currency of their own knowledge and skills, with reference to workplace practice and feedback from others
- Build rapport and demonstrate the use of language patterns to facilitate and encourage discussions, debate, learning and decisions.
- Employ a range of questioning and listening skills to generate brainstorming, discussion, and debate, learning and decisions.
- Effectively manage challenging learner and group behaviours.
A Learning and Development Consultant Business Partner must demonstrate
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities and feedback to develop their business acumen, improve their performance and overall capability.
- Probing and inquiring to delve deeper into opportunities, options, and solutions.
- A desire to understand and experiment with innovative ideas and techniques, identifying areas for self and wider development and improvements.
- That they act as a role model for learning within their organisation and across their networks.
- They are a trusted partner, acting with integrity, ensuring that clients, partners, and learners alike feel heard and are confident in their ability to deliver.
- They can enable different departments or stakeholders to effectively work together above their own agendas and priorities.
- They understand and apply the commercial context, realities and drivers behind learning needs and solutions.
- They are focused on outcomes and impacts.
- They develop ideas, insights, and solutions for defined business benefits.
- Personal resilience to manage competing priorities, ensuring that they deliver the outcomes of their work through co-design and a full understanding of the impact they have on others.
- The courage to hold a mirror up to the organisation when diagnosing solutions.
- Skilfully navigating through organisational and personal politics.
- Responsiveness and flexibility to changing internal and external environments and business needs.
- Being a role model for the learning and development profession, inspiring and galvanising others around learning solutions, ensuring that learning is embedded and delivers ambitious goals, outcomes, and timelines.
End Point Assessment (EPA)
Situational Judgement Test
Answered through a multiple-choice exercise (but not necessarily
undertaken as an online or computer-based test).
To achieve final certification, the apprentices must have completed and achieved these end-point assessments
Are You Interested in the Learning and Development Consultant Business Partner Apprenticeship?
Please call us on 01202 612365 or use the form below to discuss your options.