Dental Skills Coach/Tutor/IQA/Assessor
Home Based w/travel in Bristol/South West Region
Are you passionate about training the next generation of dental professionals?
At Exalt Training we put the learners first in everything we do, supporting them on every step of their apprenticeship journey.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Dental apprenticeships team on a permanent basis to cover the Bristol/South West region. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, expanding business working within the Work Based Learning/Apprenticeship sector. Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Dental Team Leader
Responsible for: Dental Qualifications/Functional Skills Mentoring, Teaching & Supporting Apprentices/Learners
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
To support the effective completion of Dental Nurse Qualifications and support the delivery Functional Skills English and Maths Level 2 and successful progression of the Apprentices/Learners during the programme.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support & coordinate initial assessment paperwork and induction of Apprentices/ Apprentices/Learners onto the Dental Nurse Qualifications, Functional Skills or other training programmes.
- Mentor and prepare Apprentices/Learners in readiness for sitting their Functional Skills tests, completing diagnostics and providing any learning requirements they might need.
- Where appropriate refer Apprentices/Learners to Head of Dental or Quality Team for diagnostic testing for confirmation of any additional support needs.
- Act as a mentor and or coach to Apprentices/Learners, offering information, advice and guidance as required.
- Complete all relevant paperwork for the induction process as laid down by company policy and procedures, ensuring that details are passed on to administration for processing in line with ILR and Funding requirements.
- To support teaching, mark and feedback on Functional Skills assessments, coordinate the Level 2 papers to ensure timely completions of tests.
- Design, deliver and assess Dental Nurse qualifications, plan effective delivery schedules alongside Employer and update relevant MIS systems.
- Ensure sufficient progression against all aims and maintain Apprentice/Learner files in line with all funding requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of delivery, meeting OPP requirements, including EPA preparation.
- Maintain < 1% outstanding reviews and past planned end date completions
- To provide Dental Nurse/Functional Skills support to Head of Health & Quality as required, at locations around the company network.
- To report back to Head of Health & Quality the Learner Journey on progress.
- Attend monthly meetings, including employer engagement meetings.
- To be fully conversant with company policies and procedures.
- To participate in Standardisation, Self-Assessment Reviews and Quality Improvement Planning activities.
- To keep up to date with changes to National Awarding Organisations’ criteria and standards.
- To contribute to the implementation of quality systems and processes.
- Identify and share good practice with other staff and teams.
- Develop and prepare resources for teaching, update Schemes of Work & Lesson Plans in line with company and awarding organisation requirements.
- Undertake IQA duties as required to meet qualification compliance
- Partake in bi-annual observations of teaching and learning
To keep up-to-date with national and local developments, which may affect Dental Nurse/Practice Manager/Functional Skills delivery and Learner Support requirements.
- To monitor and evaluate personal performance within the context of the role.
- To participate in the company appraisal system and remain conversant with Company Policy and Procedure
- To participate in the training and development activities as required
- To remain proficient in the use and application of IT.
- To comply with annual CPD requirements
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Qualifications
- Achievement of or working towards teaching qualification (minimum CET or equivalent)
- Key Skills Level 3/Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent)
- TAQA A1/D32/D33 (or equivalent)
- Achievement of or willing to work towards IQA award
- Safeguarding Certificate
- Equality & Diversity Certificate
- Health & Safety Certificate
- ITQ Level 2 (or equivalent)
- IQA V1/D34
- Experience of working within and delivering Dental Nurse Qualifications
- Assessment of Apprentices/Learners
- Lesson Planning & Preparation
- Delivery of Training to Apprentices/Learners
- Initial Assessment of Apprentices/Learners
- Identifying and implementing training solutions.
- Assessment to identify additional learning support needs.
- Working in an environment offering individual support and support for differentiation.
- Working in a ESFA / FE or WBL training environment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Skills/Abilities – Interpersonal
- Ability to train and assess up to Functional Skills Level 2 and Dental Nurse Qualifications.
- Possession of good communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals at all levels.
- The ability to train others with energy and enthusiasm and provide the environment where Apprentices/Learners feel motivated.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as autonomously when necessary.
- Knowledge of apprenticeships
Skills/Abilities – Other
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to produce work to an appropriate standard in line with requirements of the role.
- Use a PC to create, store and retrieve information.
- Effective Time Management Skills.
- Flexible and able to cope under pressure.
- An understanding of Safeguarding Issues.
- An understanding of Equality & Diversity.
- Possession of a full driving licence, the ability to drive and use of a car.
- The ability and willingness to undertake relevant staff development.
In addition to the above duties the Dental Skills Coach may also be required to:
- Carry out any other duties as directed within the general nature and character of the post.
- Travel to different Company locations, as required in order to carry out the duties of the role.
- To represent the Company in a professional and competent manner at all times.
Salary is £29,000 dependant on experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time role of 37.5HPW Monday to Friday
25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
Work from home with travel to employer/apprentices’ locations and head office as required.