Last updated: 31/01/22
1. POLICY STATEMENT
2. REASON FOR THE POLICY
3. POLICY OBJECTIVES
3.1 Exalt Training Ltd seeks to ensure that all complaints are dealt with seriously, fairly, and consistently. To learn from each complaint to improve future performance and set performance targets for responding to complaints and monitor our performance against these targets.
4.1 How to raise a complaint?
Complaints may be made verbally, or in writing. Exalt Training Ltd commit to handling your
complaint as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Verbal complaints can be made in two
• Telephoning the head office
• In person, by scheduling an appointment with a Senior Manager
4.3 How long does it take for a complaint to be resolved – Response Times
• All telephone calls requesting a return call received before noon will be returned
that same day; those received in the afternoon will be returned by the end of the
next working day. Letters will be acknowledged within 3 working days on receipt and
a full reply will be sent within 14 working days of receipt. Further response times are
set out in the procedure itself.
• At all stages the complainant will be kept informed as to what is happening with
their complaint or appeal. If for whatever reason it is not possible to deal with the
complaint within the published timescale then the complainant will be informed of
this, and a reason given.
4.4 Stages of the complaints procedure
• Stage One – In the first instance, a complaint can be made to any employee of Exalt
Training Ltd. That employee will either write down the details of the complaint if
the complaint is being made verbally and forward it to the CEO, any written
complaints will be forwarded in the same manner.
• The complainant will be informed of the timescale within which they will receive a
response as indicated above.
• If the matter is not resolved within the timescale or within a mutually agreed time, it
will be referred to stage two.
• Stage Two – At this stage, a meeting will be convened between the person (and their representative if necessary) and an appointed employee who has not been involved in the complaint. This will take place within 14 days of the matter being referred to
• Following discussions with all relevant parties, the appointed employee looking into
the complaint will prepare a written statement of their findings and any
recommendations. A copy of the statement will be given to the complainant.
• If the person complaining is not satisfied with the decision, they then have the
option to appeal within 7 working days of receiving the decision. The complaint will
then be referred to stage three.
• Stage Three – A panel will be convened of independent persons who have the
relevant skill and knowledge understand the issues surrounding the complaint being
made. The person making the complaint along with their representative (if
appropriate) will be invited to attend the panel hearing and present their complaint.
The complaint will be heard again in its entirety.
• The panel will then inform the complainant in writing of their decision within 3
working days of the hearing.
• The decision from this panel hearing is final.
• Should the Apprentice/learner be dissatisfied with outcome of the complaint and
the wish to pursue the matter, they can contact the relevant Awarding Organisation
indicated within, PP009 Exalt Training Ltd Appeals Policy or the undermentioned
regulatory body: –
England & Wales – Ofqual
Spring Place, Herald Avenue, Coventry CV5 8BA
Telephone: 0300 303 3344
4.16 Exalt Training Ltd will be required to make available information regarding the numbers of
complaints as part of its annual report.
5.1 What is a Complaint? – is when a learner, employer or stakeholder informs Exalt Training Ltd
that they are not happy with something that we have done or not done, and we have not
put things right.
5.2 Customer – anyone who contacts Exalt Training Ltd to request a service or is in receipt of a service.
6. RELATED POLICIES
6.1 Equality and Diversity Policy
6.2 Training Appeals Policy
6.3 Safeguarding Policy
6.4 Examination Regulations
6.5 Data Protection Policy
6.6 Employee Grievance Procedure
7. WHO WILL NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS POLICY
7.1 All staff
7.2 All Managers